Pennsylvania Amber Lager (Yuengling Clone) was generously provided by Mike Biggs, and is the winning recipe 2023 September Club Meeting & Competition.
- Batch Size – 6gal
- IBU – 21
- SRM – 12.4
- Original Gravity – 1.051sg
- Final Gravity – 1.007sg
- ABV – 5.4%
- 6lb 8oz – Briess – Pale Ale
- 3lb – Briess – Borlander Munich
- 1lb 8oz – Flaked Corn
- 8oz – Briess – 40L Crystal
- 4.8oz – Briess – 60L Crystal
- 1.6oz – Briess – Black Malt
- .5oz – Cascade – 8.9% AA – 60m
- .5oz – Cluster – 7.3% AA – 20m
- 2 satchels – SafLager™ W‑34/70
- 60m – Single Infusion – 149°f
After 60m boil, knocked out at 60°f and transferred into fermenter. Aerated worth with pure O2 at a rate of 1 cfm for 1.25 minutes. Set fermenter temperature to 62°f and put under 7psi of pressure. Once fermentation was complete, cold crashed, fined with Gelatin and then Biofine Clear the following day.
This beer was brewed for the 2023 Pints 4 Paws event. With a tight deadline, I decided to pressure ferment at a slightly elevated temperature. Also finning twice was an attempt to get the beer to clear up on a faster timeline.